My Favorite Strategies For Personal Management
It's February break.
I am well-rested (in the moment).
Grad school auditions are done.
The house is clean.
I probably sound like I'm a forty-something work-a-holic raising three plus kids...
But tackling all of this is a ton of work!
There's a lot that goes into the attempt to live my best life, so without further ado, let's jump right into my core tips & tricks on how to stay afloat managing one's self.
1. Invest in a tangible planner
JUST A FEW LITTLE NOTES:
1. Using pencil is key for your schedule... As a freelancer, plans are always subject to change!
2. In the planner I own, there are pages distinctively for listing out morning / afternoon / evening plans in a weekly layout. Instead, I try to keep it even more simple by adding everything I have to do - detail by detail - to the monthly outlook section.
3. By going about things this way, there is a physically limited amount of space... (1.5"x1.5"), allowing for me to not wind up overloading my schedule...
4. Over-booking may lead to your energy levels crashing & burning. As a freelancer, you don't want that and you also can't afford that.
5. Having small gaps in my schedule between all gigs allow for me to occasionally sneak a nap in. Keeping rested lead